Bowser version 0.6 is now available for download on the App Store. This is one of the biggest updates to Bowser ever:
- 32-bit devices support is finally back! Sorry for all those crashes.
- Video delay has been reduced significantly for both hardware-accelerated H.264 encoding as well as VP8 (software).
- ICE is now much more robust.
- Many WebRTC standards compliancy fixes, including (finally) supporting proper "createOffer".
- Bowser now uses the OpenWebRTC-SDK CocoaPod which recently got updated to better support hybrid WebRTC app development.
- Overall performance improvements.
We have also moved to require iOS 9.0 as there are/were issues with WKWebView on iOS 8.x.
If you are reading this post you probably know that Bowser is developed in the open. If you find Bowser useful and want to make it better, feel free to help out at https://github.com/EricssonResearch/bowser.